Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

5 December 2011

Looking like Christmas, Part 2

Better pic's of the Craft Barn samples.. This is quite an unusual colour scheme for christmas cards but people liked the colours so here they are, but unfortunately the camera isn't picking up the shimmer on the backgrounds or the shine on the embossing.. :
Tag with embossed snowflakes/stars/fireworks (quite a versatile background I think...), and paper die cuts inked up and embossed with the Stampedous 'aged silver' embossing enamel.

EDIT:  The embossing folder is by Sizzix and is called 'Starry Night', its a set with 1 12x15 folder (the stars), a sentiment folder - used on the flourish card, and 2 small motif folders - its a favourite of mine!

 I think this might be my favourite card - but its a close call between this and the one below...
The inside background is the debossed side of a white piece of card coloured up with distress inks, while the front of the card blank has the embossed version (I simply turn the embossed piece of card over & use which one suits) - love the background:
I like how the card has a short front so the inside and front panels can be seen together, several layers - and I'm loving those flourishes - expect to see those in a lot more projects.. lol
(the sentiment on the card makes me want to sing the song its taken from - but I'll try not to do that too often or in public....)
Share:

6 comments

  1. Fabulous colours and textures - they look amazing - a real luxury of a card for anyone...that's one for hubby, one for your mum - you're done - now off to Oxfam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour scheme, I love them! Sorry I couldn't get there - was too busy finishing my Christmas cards... now just to write them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo

    Oooh these are all really lovely love how the large snowflake looks like metal and I also love the unusual colour scheme too totally gorgeous!

    Take care

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Jo these are lovely, great job, my fave is the big snowflake card..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fabulous, you chose my favourite ones too, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. please please please can you tell us what this embossing folder is? I have searche dhigh and low for it but to no avail. Love the effect you have produced with it.TIA

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig