Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

26 October 2014

ALBOTAT... a sewing kind of Sunday...

... I used the extra hour created today by the clocks going back for Autumn to sew 8 lovely new buttons onto cushions (a little job which has been on the 'to do' list for a while..)


 .. and as that little job put me in the mood for a more sewing I made this patchwork cushion.  It was a created from a batch of fabrics (and accompanying guidelines) that I bought at The Handmade Fair... spending the morning making this reminded me how much I enjoy sewing..

I bought the kit from The Vintage Twist Company who had a lovely stand at the fair, and had great ways of using the vintage fabrics they supply in their online shop (www.thevintagetwistcompany.co.uk):

.. and this is my pincushion - love this!! It was upcycled by one of my colleagues at the college... its such a cute little thing!

I'm off to find something else to sew...

x
Share:

3 comments

  1. Love those cushions!! I bought more big needles today at a local craft fair, trying out Tunisian crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm into sewing now too, love it. Loving the fabrics in your cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cushions Jo, the knitted ones look very cosy and the mother of pearl style buttons are amazing. The cushion you made today is a beautiful collection of fabrics which works beautifully together, thanks for sharing.

    One of the things i struggle with is piecing together material like this, i tend to stay very conservative so appreciate the picture of the stall showing all the fantastic ways to add colour and be bold :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig